What is marine buoy?
Marine buoy is an unmanned, relatively highly automated technology and excellent telemetry equipment for marine meteorological and hydrological observation. It floats on the sea surface and is anchored at the designated position, used to collect marine environmental information, and can realize automatic data collection, automatic labeling and automatic sending. It has the ability to collect marine environmental data stably and reliably in all weather and all day, and can realize automatic data collection, automatic marking and automatic transmission. Together with satellites, aircraft, survey ships, submersibles and acoustic detection equipment, marine buoys form the main monitoring system of the modern marine environment, and have made immortal contributions to the detection of the mysteries of the ocean.
How does the marine buoy work?
The marine buoy is divided into two parts: the water part and the underwater part.
- The water part is equipped with a variety of meteorological element sensors, which measure meteorological elements such as wind speed, wind direction, air pressure, air temperature and humidity.
- The underwater part has sensors of various hydrological elements, which measure waves respectively, ocean current, tide level, sea temperature and salinity and other ocean sensing elements.
The signals generated by each sensor are automatically processed by the instrument and sent out regularly by the transmitter. The ground receiving station processes the received signals to obtain the information that people need.
What are the functions of marine buoys?
Mastering the information collected by the sensors will bring more convenience to people. For example:
- Knowing the areas of strong wind and waves, you can avoid them when sailing, and avoid the end result of ship capsizing and loss of life;
- Knowing the direction of the ocean current, it will go as far as possible when sailing, so as to save sailing time and energy consumption;
- Knowing the abnormally high tide level, we can prepare for emergencies in time and try to minimize the losses when disasters occur.
Marine buoys are also widely used in marine surveys and marine environment monitoring, to quantitatively grasp the law of marine environment changes, so as to make more accurate marine environment forecasts, and serve the military, navigation, fisheries, port engineering and ocean development.
What are the types of marine buoys?
There are many types of marine buoys, which are mainly divided into two categories: anchored type buoys and drifting type buoys. The former includes meteorological data buoys, seawater quality monitoring buoys, wave buoys, etc. The latter include surface drift buoys, neutral buoys, and various small drifters.
The ocean is an unpredictable place: sometimes it’s windy and calm like a mirror; sometimes it’s choppy and roaring like thunder. Therefore, the demand for buoys in the ocean and offshore is very urgent. Although the marine buoy is inconspicuous in the sea, its role is not small, and it can perform long-term and continuous work in any harsh environment. If you need to know more about marine buoys, you can contact Boomarine at any time, we will be happy to answer your questions.