Free Standing Mooring Capstan is important deck machinery used for mooring when the ship arrives at the port or wharf. It has the same function as a mooring winch. As part of a well-designed mooring system, it is made of high-quality raw materials, and the capstan is sturdy and reliable to ensure trouble-free and efficient rope handling. It is designed as a vertical shaft type, driven by a vertically mounted motor through a lifetime lubricated gearbox. It is available in standard versions with nominal pulling forces from 1 to 3 tons, as a separate stand-alone unit or as an additional unit.
Free standing mooring capstan is compact in design precision, aesthetically pleasing, simple and reliable in operation and safe in performance. It is designed and manufactured to handle the vessel safely and effectively, alleviating the need for mooring personnel to manually pull the rope. The capstan can be used in non-hazardous areas, and can also be used as an explosion-proof certification unit for installation in hazardous areas.
As a professional marine equipment supplier, Boomarine designs and supplies free-standing capstans, driven by electric, hydraulic or pneumatic motors. Among them, electric and hydraulic power modes are more widely used. We manufacture capstans that are CE-approved, which guarantees durability and safety. We also recommend choosing the right mooring rope material based on strength, flexibility, durability and handling properties. Large ships are recommended to use mooring ropes, and small and medium-sized ships are recommended to use synthetic fiber ropes. No matter what your needs are, we will provide you with full support.
Features of Free Standing Mooring Capstan:
- Closed design can prevent harsh marine environments and mechanical damage.
- Made of high-quality raw materials to ensure optimal durability and long-lasting trouble-free service.
- Reversible direction and automatic braking to improve operator safety.
- Driven by a vertically mounted motor through a lifetime lubricated gearbox for maintenance-free operation.
- The durable foot switch makes the operator’s work easier and safer.
Applications of Free Standing Mooring Capstan:
- Bulk mineral and liquid berths
- Commercial (Ro-Ro, ferries)
- Container terminals
Free Standing Mooring Capstans are mainly used for mooring and positioning ships and offshore platforms, vessel anchoring, etc.
Specifications of Free Standing Mooring Capstan
|Motor Capacity (kW)|
|15 m/min||20 m/min||25 m/min||30 m/min|
* Power Supply: 380-450 [email protected] / 60Hz
Inspection and Maintenance of Mooring Capstan
Whether you use a vertical capstan or a horizontal capstan on your ship, it is important to inspect and maintain the capstan regularly. The items that need to be inspected and maintained are as follows:
- Corrosion of housing brackets and foot bolts, damage, wear and corrosion of drums, water tightness of controls and brakes and clutches need to be inspected to ensure they work reliably and efficiently.
- It is also necessary to lubricate the working parts and record the wear and tear of the parts; for wires and cables, it is necessary to check whether they are rusted and disconnected.
- For plant fiber optical cables, it is necessary to check the wear and tear and whether there is mildew in the strands.
- For synthetic fiber ropes, should check their appearance wear and thickness.
Through proper and regular inspection and maintenance, whether it is an electric or hydraulic mooring capstan, they can always work efficiently.