Ship launching airbags lift the limitations of traditional skateboard technology that is usually used to build small and medium-sized ships, and it provides an economical alternative to expensive dry docks. Its size can reach 2.5m in diameter and 25m in length, and can be used for hoisting and transporting heavy structures weighing more than 10,000 tons.
The outer layer of the shipping launch airbag is made of rubber, which is designed to protect the inner rope layer from external forces such as abrasion. The material used for the outer layer is strong enough to withstand different weather and physical conditions. The synthetic reinforcement layer is similar to the reinforcement layer in tires. The cord layers are organized at specific angles so that the stress is evenly distributed to provide adequate reinforcement. Airbags also have end fittings, including safety air inlets and airtight rotary joints.
Airbag for ship launching and landing is an extremely promising mature technology, it overcomes restrictions of traditional methods, which limited by the building and repairing capability of small ship factories, and developed into an extremely flexible technology, which has the advantage of labor-saving, time-saving, economical saving, flexible and a prominent economic benefit. Our airbags are widely used in ship launching or landing, heavy lifting and conveying, sunken ship salvage, and stranded ship saving.
Features of Ship Launching Airbags:
- High-quality raw materials with ISO standard
- Service life up to 15 years with reasonable maintenance and care
- The quality and safety of the airbags is guaranteed
- Labor-saving, time-saving, economical saving
- Flexible and prominent economic benefit
Applications of Ship Launching Airbags:
- Ship launching and landing
- Heavy lifting and conveying
- Sunken ship salvage and stranded ship saving
- Possible substitute for marine pneumatic rubber fender for protective purposes
Ordinary airbags — the airbag with 3, 4 or 5 layers of cord fabric.
What types of ship launching airbags can we provide?
High-bearing capacity airbags — the airbag with 6, 7 or 8 layers of cord fabric.
Super-high-bearing capacity airbags — the airbag with 9, 10 or more layers of cord fabric.
The standard diameter of ship launching airbags (D) varies such as 0.8m, 1.0m, 1.2m, 1.5m, 1.8m and 2.0m, etc. The standard effective length of airbag is from 6m to 18m, which should be specified by the user. Other specification ship launching airbags also can be supplied upon request.
Specifications of Ship Launching Airbags::
|| Number of Cord layers
||Weight of unit area
|Air leaking ration at work pressure: pressure drop/h
Air-bag (P4, P5)
||Suitable for the small ships
Air-bag (P6, P7, P8)
||Suitable for the large ships
1.The total launch weight of the ship, the carrying capacity of a single airbag and the overload capacity under special circumstances.
How to choose the right ship launching airbag for your project?
2. Whether the initial pressure of the marine airbag before loading and the change in internal pressure after loading exceeds the maximum allowable pressure.
3. The height of the deformed airbag and whether the height meets the requirements for the construction height of the bottom when the pier is removed.
4. Whether it can meet different launching slopes, sooner or later when the stern enters the water, and the bow airbag floats when overloaded.
5. Factors such as the ship’s length, total weight, and shore environment should also be considered.
1. Can you provide OEM service?
A: Yes, OEM service is available. According to the different requirements in different applications, colors, sizes, shapes and special specifications can be customized.
2. What is your term of delivery?
A: We accept EXW, FOB, CIF, DDU and DDP, etc. You can choose the one that is the most convenient for you.
3. How long is your ship launching airbags' delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the ship launching airbags are in stock. If it is no in stock, it takes 15-20 days but it's basically decided by the quantity.
4. What are your terms of payment?
A: The payment term is flexible. We accept T/T, L/C, and other terms. Open to discussion.
5. Is there any warranty on the quality of your ship launching airbags?
A: We have 20 years of experience in producing marine fenders. Each finished fender will be carried out inspection by our Q.C before shipping. Our ship launching airbags design service life is 20 years, our company has quality warranty at least 18-month.
6. What kind of certificate can you provide for ship launching airbags?
A: Any third-party company inspection is available such as ABS, BV, NK, LR, CCS, etc.