Closed Chock is a guide for a mooring line, or steel towing wire which enables the line to pass through a ship bulwark or other barrier. This type of chocks from Boomarine were designed and produced according to JIS F 2005 standards, and proved by various classification societies such as BV, ABS, LR, GL, etc.
The material conforms to JIS G5101-SC 42 (carbon steel castings), the equivalent Chinese material is cast steel ZG230-450. Its surface is galvanized, polished and painted to be smooth, which can reduce the abrasion between rope with gunwale, avoid increasing the stress due to a sharp bend.
To name the product shall be in accordance with the specifications and dimensions, for example: Closed chock 100 or JIS F2005-100.
Closed Chock is widely used for small boats, ships, tug, cargo vessels, tankers, etc. We can manufacture chocks in a wide variety of sizes and styles, and also can customize the mooring chocks according to your drawing. Apart from mooring chocks, Boomarine also offers other mooring and towing equipment, like Mooring Bollards, Roller Fairleads, Marine Anchors, etc. Please feel free to contact us for a catalog.
Features of JIS F2005 Closed Chock:
- Guide the rope from the inboard to the outboard at certain direction, change the trend of rope and limit its place.
- Reduce the abrasion between rope with gunwale, avoid increasing the stress due to a sharp bend.
- Used at the vessel’s bow bulwarks to prevent wear and tear of the mooring line.
- Finish with one layer of shop primer after sandblasting 2.5.
Applications of JIS F2005 Closed Chock:
- Marine closed chocks are used for temporary mooring and are used especially for the guidance of rope mooring lines on board a large vessel.
- Welded at the vessel’s bow bulwarks, below the gunwale.
- Mainly used for tugboats, bulk carriers, containers, oil tankers, LNG tankers, etc.
* Choice will depend primarily on the size of the vessel and the diameter of the lines.
|Nom. Size||Dimensions (mm)||Mass (kg)||Dia. of Wire Rope (mm)|