Swivel head anchor fairlead, also known as balance head swivel fairlead, is a heavy-duty balanced anchor fairlead installed on the ship’s deck. It is designed to guide wire ropes or anchor chains with breaking strength from 30MT to 200MT, and is suitable for wire ropes with a diameter of 19-76mm. The steel wire rope is wrapped on the pulley at 90°, and the swivel head can rotate 360°.
The swivel head anchor fairlead includes the base, the main cylinder (body) and the pulley device, which are made of high-quality steel. In the central body of the fairlead, there is an opening for the mooring rope or anchor chain. At the beginning and end of the fairlead, there are front and rear panels of the same size. The surface of the opening is smooth to avoid abrasion of the mooring rope or chain.
The rotating fairlead has a compact structure and can be used as a guide rope in a ship’s mooring without breaking. It is not only suitable for the towing or mooring of ordinary ships, but also for ships navigating in the canal channel.
Boomarine is a professional marine equipment supplier. All of our swivel fairleads can be custom-designed and approved by CCS, ABS, DNV, GL, BV, RINA, NK, etc. Besides type A40, we also provide other sizes and types of heavy-duty swivel head fairleads, such as type A38, A39, etc. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.
Features of Swivel Head Anchor Fairlead
- Heavy-duty assembled steel structures.
- Sealed tapered roller bearings in housing and sheaves.
- Welded or bolted in place.
- Hardened rope groove for longer service life.
- The surface of the opening is smooth to avoid abrasion of the mooring rope or chain.
- Wire rope at 90° wrap on sheave and 360° rotation of the swivel head.
Parameters of Swivel Head Anchor Fairlead
|Wire Rope Diameter||Sheave Dia.||Dimensions(mm)||Mass|
- Sharp edges to be removed.
- Fill chambers around the shaft with lithium-based grease before mounting the stern roller.
- Welding parts with no cracks, scars, holes, shrinkage, or alluvial soil such impact strength and appearance of the defects.
This swivel head fairlead is with one sheave, the other two types A38, A39 are also available:
A38 Type – with rollers and sheaves
A39 Type – with two sheaves