Studless Chain is the one of the most useful element in the mooring system. It is made of hot-rolled anchor steel or stainless steel. The diameter ranges from 12.5mm to 162mm. The surface is treated with hot-dip galvanizing or black spray paint. We can provide U2 and U3 grade chains.
According to the manufacturing method, the studless anchor chain can be divided into cast steel anchor chains and electric welding anchor chains. The length of the studless anchor chain is in units of knots. The standard length of each studless chain is 27.5m. Intersections are connected by connecting links or connecting shackles. Usually, the chain length of the 10,000-ton ship’s main anchor is about 12 knots per side.
Studless chains are commonly used for all purposes in holding, tethering, lifting and marine applications. It is usually used when the weight is not predominantly important, so the load is not as high as the stud link chain, and it is more economical than the stud link chain. In the mooring system, it is more suitable for permanent moorings, such as floating, production, storage and unloading.
Boomarine is a professional manufacturer of marine equipment. We supplied studless chains finished with black paint or H.D.G.. And all the studless chain we provide has IACS certificates, including DNV, GL, ABS, LRS, RINA, BV, NK, KR, IRS, RS, etc. Besides, we also provide matched marine anchors, if you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.
Features of Studless Chain:
- It is stronger than steel wire rope or fiber rope and not easily damaged.
- It is less prone to corrosion than steel wire ropes.
- It provides catenary effect.
- Chain’s weight is inherently torque-balanced, because axial loads do not produce twisting or torque in the chain.
Studless chains are widely used in various industries.
- Decoration, Protection, Lifting, Traction, etc.
- Fishing & boat chain, Mine chain, Cement lifting round chain.
Specifications of Studless Chains:
|Chain Diameter||Proof Load (KN)||Breaking Load (KN)||Nominal Weight|
|mm||Grade 2||Grade 3||Grade 2||Grade 3||kg/27.5m|
Why Choose Us?
- Years of experience in anchor chain production and export.
- Control for each product, from the raw material to the final process.
- Offer the lowest ex-factory prices with a wide range of shipping ways.
- Certification: ISO 9001:2008, ABS, LR, BV, CCS, NK, DNV, KR, GL, etc.
- Quick delivery, professional package and container loading design.
- Quick response: All inquiries were responded to within 24 hours.
- Excellent sales team, offering personalized and dedicated pre-sale and after-sale service.