Key Points of Rubber Fender Performance Test
- The fender performance is determined by the absorbed energy and max. reaction force in the procedure when the fender is compressed to the rated deflection.
- In the performance testing procedure, the rubber fender is under direct force vertical to the fender surface, the compression speed shall be 2-8cm/min repeating three times. Unless otherwise specified, the deflection and reaction force shall be recorded to the nearest value to 1mm and 1.0KN(0.1ton)
- The unit of energy absorption is KN-m(Ton-m), determined by the calculation of reaction force in the rated deflection/defection curve.
- 4. The performance value of the fender shall take the mean value of the 2nd and 3rd testing result.
- In the testing results, it is preferred that the energy absorption value shall be greater than the required energy absorption value with 10% deducted, the reaction force value shall be lower than the required reaction force value with 10% added.
- Record the in-house temperature in the testing.
- Material: to take one set randomly from all.
- Size: All fenders
- Specification/Performance: to take one from 10 sets