NS2588 Mooring Chock is also known as free standing chock. It is designed according to Norwegian standards and made of cast steel material. The closed hole in the middle is usually cast in an oval shape, limiting the position of the cable leading from it.
The NS2588 mooring chock is installed on the deck of the bow and is mainly available in 3 sizes: 200x150mm, 300x200m and 400x250mm. The weight also varies from 28.5kg to 135kg. The surface is coated with anti-rust primer, so it is very smooth without burrs or sharp edges, which helps to reduce the friction of mooring ropes.
In addition to NS2588 mooring chock, Boomarine also provides JIS, DIN, GB and other standard mooring chocks. And all of our mooring chocks are provided with CCS, DNV, GL, KR, LR, NK, ABS and other classification societies certificates. We can also provide tailor-made solutions according to customers’ needs. Please feel free to contact us if you have any needs.
There are two types of NS2588 Mooring Chock:
- Type A: Welded steel NS12 132(R St42-2)
- Type B: Cast steel NS 11 640(Sst 400)
Features of NS2588 Mooring Chock:
- Compact and robust.
- Simple design, easy to install.
- The surface is coated with anti-rust primer, with good anti-corrosion performance.
- Smooth surface without burrs or sharp edges, which helps reduce friction of mooring rope.
- Long service life.
Specifications of NS2588 Mooring Chock: