Mooring Buoy is an object that floats in the water and is often used as a warning sign or positioning signal for a vessel. The buoys are rotationally molded from UV-stabilised virgin polyethylene. foam-filled with closed-cell polyurethane to prevent water ingress where it is unlikely to damage the outer layer. Mooring buoys tend to be heavier than general buoys and are usually designed to be round with a hard eye at one end for attaching a mooring rope or shackle. The color of the buoy is usually bright (fluorescent). With its larger shape and reflective tape, it’s easy to see from a distance and at night.
Mooring buoys have the characteristics of elasticity, easy operation, low maintenance cost, and self-protecting elastic foam. Not only does it help ships be moored to very strong supports without the need for a mooring anchor system, it also prevents boaters from dropping anchor in these areas, helping to protect vulnerable sites such as coral reefs. Boomarine offers a wide range of top-of-the-line mooring buoys to suit a variety of applications, providing enhanced protection and mooring performance for the commercial and recreational marine sectors.
Polypropylene made mooring buoys are rapidly replacing traditional steel buoys due to their low maintenance cost, good water resistance, good impact resistance, long service life, ease of construction, ease of handling and repair.
Features of Mooring Buoy:
1. Highly Environmentally Friendly
(1) The color of mooring buoy conforms to the high-visibility color recommended by IALA, which is environmentally friendly and pollution-free.
(2) The material adopts stable EVA polyurethane, which has strong chemical stability and durability. It won’t decompose in seawater after decades.
2. High Energy, Low Reaction
(1) Mooring buoy has strong strength and elasticity. Able to absorb impact force and return to its original shape immediately after being impacted by external force
(2) Mooring buoy is light in weight and small in inertia. It can return to the original position immediately after a collision and absorb the impact force, avoiding cracking or damage.
(3) The upper frame adopts special composite material, which improves the service life, safety and impact resistance of the buoy.
Mooring buoy skins are made from a tough and thick material, which provides unmatched strength. This creates a high-quality and uniform skin matrix that combines extreme abrasion resistance and non-marking properties with a choice of high-visibility colors.
4. Long Service Life
(1) Mooring buoy has strong anti-corrosion, anti-ultraviolet, chemical stability and anti-aging capabilities.
(2) The metal frame is treated with special anti-rust and anti-corrosion treatment, and the service life is more than 20 years. The anchor chain lifting lug adopts a special design structure, and the maximum bearing weight can reach 60 tons.
Applications of Mooring Buoy:
Mooring buoy is capable of supporting large loads. Therefore it has a wide range of applications: coastal ports, inland rivers, rocks, beaches, inlets, reefs and shores, etc.
|Item||Diameter (mm)||Length (mm)||Buoyancy (kg)|